Here are a few things I’ve stumbled across lately, mostly funny stuff with a couple of “cool” things thrown in just to “keep it balanced”:
- I have a passing interest in stock photography. It stems from when I subscribed to several IT magazines and saw the same hot girl, standing in a server room with her arms crossed and a smile on her face, used in different ads over and and over again. So I was amused to see one site ask why stock photo women laugh when they eat salad, and why black women are so happy to shop. Any guesses?
- Paula Deen gives us her “wisdom” in this recipe for English peas. Don’t want to click the link? The recipe has two ingredients (butter and peas) and I’ll let you figure out the rest of the recipe. More culinary genius from the folks at FN!
- Here is the alleged intro for the Japanese version of 30 Rock:
Looks like an 80s sitcom on CBS, no?
- Speaking of TV, here’s a cool behind-the-scenes look at the CGI used in Boardwalk Empire. Aside from the obvious (but well done) CGI used for backgrounds, the video shows us how they make Richard Harrow into a grotesquely maimed WWI vet.
- The folks at Failblog have a picture of the best anti-shoplifting sign ever:
- Some Charlotte filmmakers are making a documentary about the rise and fall of The Penguin. Check out the teaser:
- And lastly, Android has jumped ahead of iOS in the US smartphone market! Woo-hoo!