One of the best things about running a public website is dealing with comments from the general public. Any joker with a computer, Internet connection and a web browser can leave a comment on this site, and while 99% of the non-spam comments left on this site are constructive in some way… the other 1% are not. Check out this comment left by someone from at or near Sakharov Plaza in Washington DC about this post (the Baltimore Ravens asking the NFL not to schedule any prime time games against the Steelers this year):
another pittsburgh redneck who shows no sportsmanship…..yes the steelers won 3 games but they were the best 3 games played last year. Hard fought, very close, defensive games. Both teams played well. Instead of seeing that the games were great and that the rivalry is good for the game, you (redneck who never played sports) are acting like a typical jerk Red Sox fan who should be at home watching backyard wrestling on youtube. You don’t like sports, you like being a faggot.
Wow! Where do we even begin with this?
First of all, it just demonstrates what I’ve been saying all along about the bitterness of Bawlmer Ravens fans. These folks have giant chips on their shoulders, and sadly, it’s not delicious Utz Crab Chips. It’s a festering inferiority complex that someone – even Dr Phil – should address. Holding in all that rage just can’t be good for you.
It’s also a bit rich for a Baltimore Ravens fan to talk about “sportsmanship”. Aren’t the Ravens that same team accused of putting a “bounty” on Hines Ward last year? Oh wait – yes they are! And just admit it Ravens fans: the first thought in your little heads after you heard that Steve McNair had been shot had to be “Oh shit – where’s Ray Lewis?” The Bawlmer Ravens don’t even know where the “moral high ground” is, much less how to occupy it.
Also, notice that he calls me a “redneck”. This is amusing, since he apparently didn’t bother looking at the rest of the site. Because yes, I am a redneck… a redneck that previously had Grace Kelly on his site banner, constantly talks about how Mad Men is the best show of the past decade, is currently in a lovefest with all-female electronic bands from Brooklyn, discusses the implications of the Episcopal Church’s changing view of Christology and its effects on the Anglican Communion, eats curry by the ton and thinks that Queen Rania of Jordan is hawt. If that’s not the sign of a true redneck, I don’t know what is!
“Instead of seeing that the games were great and that the rivalry is good for the game, you (redneck who never played sports) are acting like a typical jerk Red Sox fan who should be at home watching backyard wrestling on youtube.”
I just don’t get this guy’s rage… He says that the two teams played “[h]ard fought, very close, defensive games”. I agree, which is why I enjoy beating the crap out of you guys every chance we get. Duh! It’s football, dude, not competitive blueberry picking! I love how he says that “[i]nstead of seeing that the games were great and that the rivalry is good for the game”. I guess he couldn’t be arsed to read this post, in which I talked about Sports Illustrated picking the Steelers vs. Ravens as the best rivalry in the NFL. In fact, I even said
[t]hese games bring out the best (or worst, depending on your view) of these teams. Any time the Steelers play the Ratbirds you know it’s gonna be a old-fashioned “street fight” kind of game. Last year, Mike Tomlin said even a scrimmage between these two teams would be a big deal, and you know what? He’s right. If you like your football to be like the 12th round of a heavyweight boxing match… then the Steelers\Ravens is for you.
So there. And you know what else? I played Little League as a kid. And although I hate Red Sox fans as much as the next guy, shouldn’t they be home watching… I dunno… the Red Sox instead of “backyard wrestling”? That guy is so angry that he’s not even making sense at this point.
You don’t like sports, you like being a faggot.
This is, perhaps, the most well-reasoned and insightful thing anyone’s ever said about sports! Forget all those Vince Lombardi quotes about winning… forget Yogi Berra’s amusing non sequiturs… this quote from “Bitter Bawlmer Fan” is true genius! I don’t like sports? Well, I can’t stand the NBA, think baseball’s too slow, and don’t give a damn how many people love soccer. So really, I only love the NFL, NHL, college football and some college basketball. So yes, even though I have a “Sports” category on this site, I guess I really don’t love sports. And “faggot”? Really? Really? What are we, 12 years old here? Are you a member of the National Forensic League?
I love you Bawlmer Ravens fans! Please don’t ever change, OK? And make sure to stay classy, too!