Here’s a list of random things people said on the Internet last week. Explanations available after the jump. Note that all grammar – spelling, punctuation, etc. – are copied verbatim from the original.
Let me know if you like this, and I’ll see about making it a regular feature!
– “The family I’m living with here in Thailand – nobody eats beef. I asked why, and they say ‘it tastes like cow’. I have no idea what that means.”
– “Well that was a really long-winded way of saying ‘look, everyone, someone who doesn’t understand marginal cost’.”
– “It’s like there are two universes here. Ours where we don’t ruin rib-eyes, and the other where Spock has a beard.”
– “So this is the car JFK was assassinated in? Let me call a buddy of mine who’s an expert on cars JFK was assassinated in.”
– “I can’t stream porn because Xbox live is taking all the Internet. I thought having a male roommate would make life easier”
– “Michio Kaku, the Al Sharpton of physics.”
– “imagine the sandwich you would get afterwards…”
– “I hate Bono but i assume the rest of Ireland is great.”
– “Really, dude? You liked chocolate as a kid? That’s amazing. And you still like it now? Gosh, you must really like chocolate. It’s so rare these days to hear of someone loving chocolate as a kid AND still liking it well into their adulthood. It’s a good thing you found this flowing chocolate slurry at Golden Corral so you can partake in this lifelong passion of yours unencumbered and free.”
– “At 20, he attempted suicide-by-jaguar. Afterward he was apprenticed to a pirate. To please his mother, who did not take kindly to his being a pirate, he briefly managed a mink farm, one of the few truly dull entries on his otherwise crackling résumé, which lately included a career as a professional gambler.”
The first quote is from the SDMB, where someone asked for help in preparing a “traditional American meal” for business associates visiting form Thailand.
The second quote is from a comment posted on this story at Ars Technica. The Ars story is about Mother Jones blogger Kevin Drum, who wrote a piece suggesting that we just hasn’t tried pursuing “copyright thieves” hard enough.
The third quote is from the SDMB, where someone asked for help in cooking ribeyes, and received several bad answers at the start of the thread,
The fourth quote is from DVDTalk, in their perpetual Pawn Stars thread.
The fifth quote is from textsfromlastnight.com, although I’m going to try to stay way from that site (I don’t wanna become a “mirror” of their site, as it’s just too easy pickins over there).
The sixth quote is from the SDMB, where someone asked if multiverses were possible.
I don’t remember where quote #8 comes from.
The ninth quote comes from the SDMB yet again, where someone asked about the new “Chocolate Wonderfall” at Golden Corral restaurants.
The tenth quote is from the obituary of adventurer John Fairfax.